Monday, March 10, 2014

Travel - As Seen Through The iPhone

About a year ago I purchased my first digital SLR camera. This was quite an upgrade from the point-and-shoot options I had been travelling with for years. I love my Canon Rebel T3i and this blog probably wouldn't have been possible without it, however there is one item in my travel arsenal which no expensive camera could ever replace. My iPhone.

I have owned an iPhone since the first day they came to Canada back in the summer of 2008 and it has accompanied me on all of my trips since then. While no camera phone will ever replace a DSLR (they aren't terribly far off these days), the iPhone is worth it's weight in platinum in the travel photography world.

It is constantly available whenever a photo-op may arise. It is lightweight, quick to use and discrete for those times you don't want to come off overly touristy. It is also a fantastic option for sharing your photos on social media or sending them to friends without a computer having to enter the equation. I have taken dozens of fantastic travel shots with the iPhone, but here are a few of my favourites:


Towering Palms - Palm Springs, California

Deer Sighting - Muskoka, Ontario

What to do next? - Prague, Czech Republic

Sand and Surf - Cayo Levantado, Dominican Republic

Mojitos with the boys - Miami Beach, Florida 

Spruce Boardwalk - Algonquin Park, Ontario


Mike @ Palms & Pints

@palmsandpints

No comments:

Post a Comment